dinCloud, a cloud services provider that helps organizations rapidly migrate to the cloud, today announced new features available in dinManage, the company’s cloud orchestration platform, including cloud analytics and data monitoring. Now, customers can have detailed and continuous insight into how their hosted private cloud (consisting of hosted workspaces and cloud infrastructure) is operating.
Putting control in the user’s hands, the easy-to-use dinManage console gives dinCloud customers full transparency into their cloud infrastructure. They can manage their network and security parameters for dinCloud’s enterprise suite of offerings including hosted workspaces, cloud infrastructure, and cloud security services.
Cloud Analytics and Monitoring
Not all cloud service providers offer cloud analytics and monitoring, and those that do have very limited functionality or capabilities. dinCloud’s cloud analytics and monitoring features give a CTO or IT decision maker the ability to create reports showing the data utilization (e.g. CPU, memory, etc.) of a specific virtual machine. Analytics data can be viewed in real-time or historically. Users can also setup monitoring alerts, which provide notifications when specified utilizations reach certain thresholds. Now, IT can make decisions based on actual data utilization and choose whether to shift unused usage to another department to reduce costs.
dinCloud collects data at 1-minute intervals, gathering metrics including:
• Local drive utilization (depending upon the number of DISK added to the machine) – a feature unique to dinCloud
• Total DISK utilization
• Memory utilization
• CPU utilization
• Read/Write throughputs
• Network IN/Network OUT speeds
These metrics are provided to customers in simple-to-understand graphics and tables, and kept on file for up to two weeks.
“dinCloud continually strives to enhance its customers’ cloud experience,” said Walid Elemary, vice president of product development at dinCloud. “We also believe in transparency and giving our customers the necessary tools to manage all facets of their virtual environments. With the addition of analytics and monitoring features to our client orchestration console, customers can focus on their core business without ever worrying about personally monitoring the resources of their machines. These new features provide a comprehensive look into the performance of customers’ critical and non-critical virtual machines.”
dinCloud’s cloud analytics and monitoring helps customers figure out their data utilization in a variety of ways, with benefits including:
• Seeing exactly at what time intervals their machine resources are being utilized most and which machines are being underutilized.
• Increase virtual resources if a machine needs more CPU, memory, or disk.
• Troubleshooting various application level issues by looking at historical utilization graphs.
• Administrators can quickly resolve issues by looking at real-time or historical data without logging into a machine.
• Setup alerts to proactively fix a problem before it starts. For example, receiving an alert before a machine runs out of disk space.
Pricing and Availability
dinCloud’s cloud analytics and monitoring are available as optional add-ons for existing customers with hosted virtual desktop and hosted virtual server products. Pricing is based on price per virtual machine, per month for analytics, and price per virtual machine, per month for monitoring.