Paragon Software Group (PSG), a leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, releases Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Preview – a complete all-in-one solution to protect, maintain, and manage PC systems and data. Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Preview includes comprehensive backup, recovery, and partitioning features for managing modern storage devices. The 16th version comes with a completely redesigned, intuitive UI, new handy scopes to represent feature sets, and advanced features to accomplish system and data management tasks – even the most advanced ones — easier than ever.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Preview provides advanced users full control via extra backup strategy settings. The new Create Backup Job Wizard feature makes complex backup processes simple and ultra-fast, allowing users to define automatic backup jobs by selecting from predefined strategies. Create Backup Job Wizard has several built-in automatic backup strategies to choose from, or users can create their own. When creating your own backup strategies, users can specify the start time (daily, weekly, monthly, or at specific events, such as system start or user login), adjust the number of increments created, define a strategy for deleting old archives, and control other options, such as shutting down the PC after backup. Another handy new feature is the creation of network connections, which are used to save backups on networked storage.
New features and key benefits:
• Free to use for an unlimited time (no free upgrades to later versions);
• Completely new UI helps users manage systems easier than ever;
• Define scenario-based backup jobs;
• Quick “stand-alone/single time” backups;
• All wizards redesigned to cover more scenarios. The new UI combines all wizards into modules that represent a specific feature set to guide users to the right selection:
Backup & Recovery:
o Create single backup;
o Create backup job;
o Restore backup;
o File Transfer Wizard.
o Undelete partitions;
o Split partition;
o Redistribute free space;
o Merge partitions;
o Wipe disks or partitions;
o Migrate (with Copy HDD and Copy partition);
• Redesigned Express view provides ad hoc access to all wizards. Express view is also organized by color;
• Direct control over partitioning: Move and resize partitions via drag and drop in “My Computer” disk map view or launch
specific tasks via dialog:
o Test partition surface;
o Change primary slots;
o Convert file system;
o Set partition as active/inactive;
o Convert to MBR/GPT disk;
o Change volume label;
o Format volume;
o Delete volume;
o Check File System integrity.
• Redesigned “Show advanced properties dialog;”
• Separate whole computer backup scenario allows users to back up all data on the machine worry-free in just 3 clicks;
• Restore several objects (disks, partitions, files) in a single pass without repeatedly running the wizard multiple times;
• Fast migration to new HDDs & SSDs.
The first twenty users to provide valuable feedback will receive free licenses for the Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 commercial edition when it becomes available in fall 2017. All other users receive a 30 percent discount on the commercial version, or are welcome to continue using the Preview without further upgrades. We believe technology enthusiasts and early adopters will help bring this new tool to a higher quality level and shape the development of future software.
Windows 7 SP1 and later.