Today at AWS re:Invent 2015, HP announced the availability of several enterprise software solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS), designed to help customers test applications and run big data analytics on AWS. New AWS compatible solutions include
- HP StormRunner Load and HP LoadRunner– Performance testing solutions that help Agile development teams accelerate application quality and delivery via a simple, intuitive and scalable platform.
- HP Vertica OnDemand and HP Vertica AMI – Big data analytics solutions that enable customers to leverage the HP Vertica data warehouse and optimize analytics for AWS Cloud and hardware environments.
HP StormRunner Load and HP LoadRunner for AWS
HP StormRunner Load is a new, cloud testing product that helps Agile development teams test, analyze and tune applications to ensure optimal end user experience and scalability of their apps across web and mobile platforms. Key benefits include:
- Intuitive user-experience – Enables developers and dev testers to easily and quickly create and run load tests in less than 10 minutes via a SaaS infrastructure
- Smart analytics – Uses machine learning to detect application anomalies under load in real time helping speed up dev and test cycles
- Cutting-edge scalability – Scales to more than a million virtual users in minutes from geographically distributed locations to test in pre-production and production environments, perfect for a DevOps enterprise.
- Enhanced integration – Executes HP LoadRunner scripts as well as open source Apache JMeter scripts and HAR files, and integrates with open source WebPageTest to show client side response providing flexibility for agile teams
HP LoadRunner is an industry standard load testing solution that helps performance engineers and developers identify and resolve issues on demand across a variety of technologies from web and mobile to ERP and traditional back-ends. Key benefits include:
- Ease of use – integrated into the DevOps and agile tool chain giving performance engineers more control on testing by launching tests as part of development environment. Key integrations for continuous testing include: jUnit, nUnit, Eclipse®, Microsoft Visual Studio®, Selenium
- Enhanced speed – Drastically reduces the amount of time and skill required to simulate user transactions in load testing while providing deep analysis capabilities
- Advanced flexibility – Supports a wide variety of platforms including web, mobile , ERP/CRM and many other protocols
“HP StormRunner Load and HP LoadRunner on AWS are leading offerings for dev test environments, which organizations depend on to reduce the costs associated with application downtime and performance issues in production, as well as supporting continuous testing of web, mobile, and legacy technologies,” said Dave McCann, Vice President of AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Listing HP’s products in AWS Marketplace makes it easier for customers to migrate more and more workloads to the cloud and use tools they are familiar with – all with frictionless procurement and fast deployment.”
“In today’s business environment enterprise developers need to quickly and easily access software to address application delivery and big data challenges to achieve strategic business goals,” said Raffi Margaliot (@raffima), Senior Vice President & General Manager, Application Delivery Management, HP Software. “By delivering our products in AWS Marketplace, we are furthering our commitment to deliver tools that bridge the gap between traditional and cloud native environments in a hybrid infrastructure.”
AWS customers can now purchase HP’s performance testing solutions with frictionless procurement via 1-Click® in AWS Marketplace. AWS users can consume HP LoadRunner at an hourly rate, paying as they scale their AWS resources.
HP Vertica OnDemand and HP Vertica AMI for AWS
HP Vertica OnDemand and HP Vertica AMI are now available on AWS. These offerings enable organizations to scale up and down based on the analytic demands of their enterprise and ensures maximum uptime to meet SLAs with Vertica’s trusted architecture.
- Improved agility and analytics – HP Vertica OnDemand provides a Data Warehouse as a Service (DWaaS) that enables organizations to get up and running in less than an hour and access high-performance, enterprise-class big data analytics.
- Simplification and rapid deployment – HP Vertica AMI allows customers to configure and install Vertica on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances. The solution simplifies cloud deployment with a virtual machine based AMI that includes Cloud Scripts for agile cluster management of AWS deployments.