IFS, the global enterprise applications company, announces major updates to its IFS Field Service Management product. The latest version of IFS Field Service Management (5.7) is available now and includes a number of enhancements including:
• Embedded IoT capabilities – The new version offers embedded integration with the IFS IoT Business Connector, enabling companies to leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) to analyze data from connected machines and devices and automatically turn the information into immediate and predictive actions that drive service level improvements and cost savings.
• Improved user experience – The visual identity of the solution has been completely refreshed to offer users a modern and intuitive work environment, along with further use of IFS Lobby to visualize real-time operational data. The new user interface promotes enhanced usability, extended configurability options, improved workflows and offers standard integration with Microsoft Skype for Business.
• Enhanced functionality – Continued investment has been undertaken in support of mobile workforces, including enhancements to shipping, stock management, purchasing, service bills of material and maintaining product structures from the field. In addition, a number of dedicated workflows have been added including support for pooled/team tasks and quotes in mobile for parts, goods and services.
• Intelligent field service – Significant focus has been placed on increasing the intelligence offered by the solution – from automating work status via geocoding and intelligent, automated task and solution identification to automated activity feeds of timely, relevant information throughout the service delivery process.
• Evergreen field service management – New in IFS Field Service Management 5.7 is a support model based on quarterly updates of the software. Eliminating the need for implementing service packs, updates are distributed regularly, making sure customers benefit from the very latest product enhancements faster and at a lower cost. In addition, a number of enhancements have been made to further reduce the total cost of ownership for customers.
“Technology change impacts nearly every business process including field service management, and IFS leads in adoption,” commented Ralph Rio, Vice President Enterprise Software, ARC Advisory Group. He continued, “IFS FSM provides a comprehensive set of functions for optimizing resources along the service lifecycle. With IFS FSM 5.7, adding IoT allows field service organizations to become proactive and predictive by identifying equipment issues and mitigating the problem before it cascades into dreaded unplanned failure that impacts business performance and safety.”
Mark Brewer, IFS industry director for service, said, “We are very excited about the launch of the new version, which we feel further reinforces our claim to the market’s most complete, connected field service lifecycle solution. Service is an area where companies can realize real value from IoT and by embedding the IFS IoT Business Connector into the application, we are unlocking a new realm of possibilities for our customers in terms of predictive and optimized service management. With field service management as a strategic investment area, we look forward to continuing our journey of innovation and to help our customers capitalize on the very latest technologies.”