Informatica, the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, today announced it will debut and demonstrate its new Healthcare Data Lake solution at the HIMSS17 conference (booth #4035), February 19-23, in Orlando, Florida. The Informatica Healthcare Data Lake enables fast and agile data lake management accelerating time to insight and value for healthcare analytics.
Informatica will also showcase a breakthrough unified data governance solution at HIMSS17. Healthcare organizations have more data and types of data than most other industries and must conform with tough industry and data privacy regulations (e.g., HIPAA). Therefore, data governance and security are critical to any healthcare company working with large amounts of sensitive data across departments and with partners. The new Informatica solution is the only completely integrated data governance/information stewardship solution for the enterprise that addresses the full spectrum of business and technical user requirements. The result is richer governance functionality and improved collaboration for managing the myriad of healthcare data used in big data analytics to predict patient outcomes, lower healthcare costs, and optimize staffing and supply chains.
Additional Informatica activities at HIMSS17 include a presentation entitled “Managing Population Health? First Manage the Data,” delivered by Richard Cramer, chief healthcare strategist, Informatica. The session is at 4:00 p.m. ET, February 21, in the Population Care Knowledge Center Theater, booth #6179.
Advantages of a Healthcare Data Lake
With their data burgeoning in volume, velocity and variety, healthcare and life sciences organizations are increasingly turning to data lakes for agility to deliver more rapid insights, flexibility to drive innovation, and scalability to leverage the looming flood of IoT medical device data and other unstructured data. However, without efficient data management—data integration, data governance and data security—data lakes quickly become swamps of unusable data with increased risk of data anarchy and non-compliance for healthcare organizations.
Available now, the Informatica Healthcare Data Lake is the only data lake management solution that enables healthcare organizations to holistically discover, integrate, cleanse, explore and prepare data while collaboratively managing and governing all enterprise data assets. Built on the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform™ that supports structured, unstructured and big data, the Informatica Healthcare Data Lake powers:
• More accurate analytics through centralized access to all data, including previously inaccessible data from EMR/EHR applications.
• Faster time to insight through rapid intelligent data discovery, optimized data processing, support for collaborative and efficient human workflows, and easy self-service data preparation with machine learning assisted automation and governance.
• Faster time to value through pre-built connectors and parsers to collect, process, and deliver a variety of patient and clinical related data of ever increasing volume from EMR/EHR applications, medical device sensors, social media, doctors notes, HL7 and claims data.
• Big data value through an infrastructure that scales extremely cost effectively to handle big data workloads.
• Deployment flexibility with deployment on-premise or in the cloud.
• Real-time streaming analytics that ingests and processes IoT data from patient medical device sensors and other machine data.
• Identification and protection of sensitive data to reduce risk.
Improving Business and Clinical Outcomes
Data is the fuel of modern healthcare, powering better outcomes for patients, payors and providers by improving quality of care, enhancing patient safety, reducing healthcare delivery costs, developing more targeted therapies and improving clinical trials. The Informatica Healthcare Data Lake has been proven across numerous different use cases at a variety of leading healthcare and life sciences organizations, including:
• A trusted healthcare data lake aggregating data from hundreds of hospitals at a major health system to deliver timely, trusted data as needed and reduce risks associated with regulatory reporting.
• A supply chain use-case at a leading life sciences manufacturer uses a healthcare data lake which leverages self-service data preparation to find, access and prepare data for analytics.
• A fraud prevention use case at a major healthcare government agency parsing millions of claims/case records.
• A clinical data lake at a large pharmaceutical company to keep data assets readily available for exploration, analytics and traditional business intelligence.
• A marketing/products data lake at a top biotech company supporting marketing planning, industry analytics and competitive intelligence multiple brands, business units and products.
• A member retention use-case at a large North American healthcare insurer to process massive amounts of claims, documentation and web clickstream data to better understand their members’ preferences and behaviors.
• A predictive analytics use-case at a major healthcare solutions provider to optimize patient processing, pharmacy fulfillment, patient and claims resubmissions, payer reimbursement, physician prescribing, and sales compensation.
• “In the face of healthcare’s insatiable appetite for data, traditional data warehousing is not enough in the race to business and clinical insights. Healthcare organizations now need rapid and agile big data access, high-value discovery analytics, and cost-effective scalability afforded by well managed and governed data lakes,” said Richard Cramer, chief healthcare strategist, Informatica. “The new Informatica Healthcare Data Lake is the first Intelligent Data Lake® solution available to the industry. It not only delivers on the vast yet frequently elusive promise of data lakes in healthcare, but also establishes the foundation for healthcare organizations to take a data-centric view of their operations, enterprise wide, to the benefit of all their constituents.”
• “Big data solutions and the advanced analytics they provide to healthcare and life sciences organizations are a key part of digital transformations designed to provide better patient services and outcomes,” said Badhri Krishnamoorthy, global head, Big Data, Cognizant. “Cognizant and Informatica work together to reduce much of the complexity and risk associated with data lake implementations for clients and the new Informatica Healthcare Data Lake solution combined with Cognizant’s Big Data and Healthcare expertise and services will help clients more effectively drive even greater insight from their patient and business data.”