Informatica, the world’s number one independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data, today previewed the full keynote speaker roster and week of activities for Informatica World 2016 – the conference showcasing how Data Powers Business. Informatica World 2016 kicks off on Monday, May 23, at Moscone West in San Francisco and runs through Thursday, May 26.
Now in its 17th year, this year’s conference provides a forum for industry visionaries, Cloud computing leaders, IT strategists, business executives, developers and data scientists to share insights and guidance on unlocking the maximum value from data to power their businesses. In addition to demonstrating how data powers business, the show will explore how data powers innovation, understanding, compliance, strategy, and even life.
Nearly 3,000 attendees are expected at this year’s event, which is sponsored by 50 leading companies within the IT industry. Sponsors include Accenture Analytics (Diamond), Capgemini (Platinum), Cognizant (Platinum), Deloitte (Platinum) and Infosys (Platinum), among others. In addition to the strategic, visionary and inspirational keynotes, attendees will have access to specialized summits within the conference and over 1,500 sessions led by experts and peers.
The main stage keynote speaker lineup for Informatica World 2016 includes:
• Monday, May 23
o Anil Chakravarthy, chief executive officer, Informatica
o Christian Chabot, chief executive officer, Tableau
o Jim Davis, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Informatica
• Tuesday, May 24
o Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica
o Nicholas Millman, managing director, Big Data and Analytics Delivery, Europe, Africa and Latin America, Accenture Digital
• Wednesday, May 25
o Adam Savage, co-host of the Discovery Channel’s television series MythBusters and Unchained Reaction
o Jessica Jackley, entrepreneur and co-founder of Kiva.org
o Rich Bellefeuille, manager, Business Intelligence, Land O’Lakes
o Sri Potineni, chief technology officer, Application and Data, JLL
o Viral Shah, data solutions architect, Asurion
Specialized Immersive Summits
Summits, focused on specific areas led by technology leaders and top IT practitioners include:
• Cloud Innovation Summit, Monday, May 23, 9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m., InterContinental Hotel San Francisco. Learn how to address the cloud integration challenges of today. Experts from the most innovative companies shaping cloud, such as AWS, Marketo, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau and others, will share their visions for the future of cloud, from hybrid cloud and cloud analytics to next-generation cloud architectures. Join this summit to see how companies such as Anaplan, Eli Lilly, Mattress Firm, Stella & Dot, UBM and many others are using cloud integration to transform their businesses.
• Big Data Ready Summit, Monday, May 23, 1:00 – 3:45 p.m., Moscone West. Learn how to succeed with analytics in a big data world. Hear from Informatica customers and other technology leaders about how they are successfully fast-tracking the deployment of their big data projects to turn petabytes of data into profits. The summit will be keynoted by featured Gartner analyst Mark Beyer, vice president distinguished analyst, and include industry panelists from Capgemini, Cloudera and Cognizant, and customer panelists from Comcast, MetLife and TD Ameritrade.
• MDM 360 Summit, Tuesday, May 24, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Moscone West. Learn how leading organizations use Master Data Management (MDM) to master their digital transformation. Hear real-life case studies of MDM champions from companies including CHRISTUS Health, Disney, Hyatt, Unilever and more, who are role models for using data to drive revenue, shorten time-to-market, and create great customer experiences. Gather best practices, knowledge and tools to increase success with MDM.
• Informatica Executive Summit, Tuesday, May 24, InterContinental Hotel San Francisco. This invitation-only event brings together an exclusive group of business and IT leaders in a highly interactive forum to discuss how to use data to drive creative disruption. Scheduled speakers include executives from Cloudera, Hortonworks, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Tableau, Tesla Motors and Twitter.
• Data Disruption Summit, Wednesday, May 25, 10:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m., InterContinental Hotel San Francisco. This summit will bring together the best minds on using data to fuel disruptive business strategies. Topics of special interest will include governance/CDO, security and IoT. Learn how to best structure the emerging role of the CDO as a part of digital transformation initiatives. Hear from a roundtable of thought leaders, including:
o Jeanne Ross, MIT/CISR, author of “Enterprise Architecture as Strategy and IT Governance”
o Gene Leganza, vice president and principal analyst at Forrester
o Gwen Thomas, founder of the Data Governance Institute and corporate data advocate at The World Bank Group
o Vijay Gurbaxani, director of the Center for Digital Transformation at the University of California, Irvine, The Paul Merage School of Business
o Derek Strauss, chief data officer at TD Ameritrade
More than 1,500 sessions – including strategy discussions, panels, case studies, technology updates, roundtable discussions and hands-on, deep-dive labs – will deliver practical advice, showcase Informatica’s and its partners’ product visions, and highlight outstanding customer successes in key areas such as:
• Data Integration and Big Data
• Information Quality and Governance
• The Informatica Platform and Architecture
• Data Security
• Coming back for a second year, Informatica is excited to have theCUBE – a leading live interview show that covers enterprise technology and innovation – on site at Informatica World. Interviews hosted by SiliconAngle will feature Informatica executives, practitioners and industry experts discussing how data powers business and will be streamed live and available after the show at http://siliconangle.tv/informatica-world-2016/.
• Register for Informatica World 2016.
• Join the social conversation at #INFA16.
Informatica Innovation Awards Winners
The winners of the 2016 Informatica Innovation Awards program will be announced at an awards ceremony luncheon on Monday, May 23. The Innovation Awards recognize organizations that are transforming their businesses by using Informatica solutions to unlock big value from their data. This year’s awards will honor organizations who are innovating with data in multiple areas, including Analytics, Application Modernization, Big Data and IoT, Cloud, Data Governance, Marketing Excellence and Customer Service Efficiency, and Operational Efficiency.
Community Service Event: Second Harvest Food Bank
Informatica Involved is partnering with Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties on the Stand Up for Kids program. On Tuesday, May 24, Informatica World 2016 attendees will be putting together 3,000 food bags to help ensure Bay Area kids do not go hungry.