Small London / Berlin company, NOS Microsystems, is making a big difference in cloud security with its get2Clouds application—available for Windows and on all major app stores this Friday, November 24. Every action that takes places in get2Clouds is encrypted, data is sent via a secure connection, and users can add a personalized password, making it the most secure end-to-end (E2E) encrypted file transfer option available.
The convenience of cloud computing has seen its popularity soar in recent years, but big data collection, information leaks, and cyber attacks expose its glaring weaknesses. “Major cloud providers are not interested in protecting user data. They are interested in storing it and selling it so they want to access it. That makes it easy for hackers to access too,” commented Oliver Wessling Director of NOS Microsystems. “People would be outraged if the government asked them for a fraction of the data tech giants store on them every day. Data is the new oil, yet people hand it over freely. Users’ intellectual property is being harvested and traded and as a result tech giants are gaining terrifying levels of money, influence, and power. Enough is enough. To stop this, protect your data. Take back your cloud. Use get2Clouds,” he added.
Boasting secure file transfers of unlimited size, secure cloud sync, an E2E encrypted messenger and more, get2Clouds is an easy-to-use application that quickly and safely gets your data to whom it needs to go, away from the peering eyes of cloud providers, and out of the reach of hackers. get2Clouds works with major cloud providers so users keep using their usual cloud. The app simply deconstructs the data into unreadable junk, which is changed back when the recipient safely receives it or when they punch in the personalized password. Even if files were to fall into the wrong hands, they could not be read. Not even the cloud provider or get2Clouds can take a peek.
get2Clouds is the culmination of over 11 years experience in secure download and transfer management from NOS Microsystems—a tiny independent company with very specific expertise. It began providing programs for Windows before migrating to secure and trusted messaging apps for smart phones such as BotherU&Me and LoveNotes, which have over one million downloads.
“I saw the tsunami of cloud computing coming in 1999, and I understood then as I do now that it’s as risky as it is convenient,” continued Mr. Wessling. ”That understanding has informed everything we do at NOS. It’s given us precise knowledge and perceptive, and with that we have meticulously designed get2Clouds—the app that gives users all of the convenience of the cloud, but none of the risks.”
get2Clouds in a nutshell
• Communicate, cloud sync and transfer large files in one encrypted bubble
• Fast, secure file transfers of unlimited size and of all kinds on the go
• Compatible with major cloud providers
• Sync your current cloud to secure get2Clouds
• Transfer either via the integrated encrypted messenger or email
• Set personalized password for highly sensitive files
• Verify contacts’ identity with FaceCheck®
• 555 number for devices with no SIM or to protect anonymity
• Set the time you want your files to be sent (great for time differences)
• Optional self-destructing messages
• Separate corporate and private cloud profiles
• Easy-to-use drag and drop function
• Mobile and desktop application, use across multiple devices
• Small size application so doesn’t hinder device performance