Paragon Software Group, the technology leader in data security and data management solutions, announces the release of Paragon NTFS for Mac® 14 – the market-leading solution to solve incompatibility issues between OS X and Windows. Paragon NTFS for Mac 14 is the industry’s fastest driver giving OS X full read and write access to Windows-formatted NTFS partitions. The new version is fully compatible with Apple’s new operating system OS X 10.11 El Capitan, and still supports all versions back to 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Internal tests show Paragon NTFS for Mac 14 is the only solution on the market to match the file transfer speed of Apple’s native driver on SSDs. Paragon NTFS 14 for Mac achieved 700MB/sec (write) and 800MB/sec (read) on the internal SSD of a MacBook Pro. It also performs as well as HFS+ with external storage: 250MB/sec write and 240MB/sec read on a two-SSD RAID device, and 210MB/sec write and 210MB/sec read on an ordinary external drive (2TB USB 3.0 Seagate Expansion Drive 3.5″).
To ensure a higher level of security, El Capitan delivers a new protection feature. System Integrity Protection prevents modifications to certain system files, folders and processes. This protects components on disk and at run-time, only allowing system binaries to be modified by the system installer and software updates. Code injection and runtime attachments to system binaries are no longer allowed. Paragon NTFS for Mac 14 is fully compatible with Apple’s new security policy ensuring fast, hassle-free and safe access to NTFS partitions from OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Once the program is installed, the user can get started right away: conveniently navigate contents and read, edit, copy or create files and folders. The program guarantees advanced support of NTFS file systems and provides fast and transparent read/write access to any NTFS partition under OS X 10.11. Paragon has been the leader in cross-platform storage software for 20 years, delivering proven maximum performance, stability and security for cross-platform work between Mac, Windows and other operating systems.
• Full OS X 10.11 El Capitan support.
• Ultra-quick read/write access to NTFS files in OS X El Capitan.
• No limit to file or partition sizes (within NTFS and OS X constraints).
• Supports special NTFS functions in OS X El Capitan such as resource forks, hardlinks, symlinks and file permissions (POSIX file attribute).
• The transfer rate during file operations on NTFS partitions is just as good as it is for operations on native HFS partitions.
• Unparalleled stability – even during peak system utilization!
• Simply install it and go to work. No further system adjustments are necessary once it has been installed.
• OS X El Capitan 10.11 and back to 10.8.
In conjunction with the release of the new version, Paragon Software Group is running a competition on its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Paragon-Software-Group-116815481437/. Name five reasons why you think Mac or PC makes a better choice for the chance to win Paragon NTFS for Mac 14 or Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite.
Paragon NTFS for Mac 14 is available for immediate download for $19.99 at http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/index.html All users who purchased NTFS for Mac 12 will get a free upgrade to version 14. They will receive an invitation to upgrade via email or they can view their real-time upgrade status at http://www.paragon-software.com/landing-pages/2015/ntfs-mac-el-capitan-upgrade/index.html
* Note to the Editor: A similar NTFS for Mac solution on the market was used as the benchmark in the testing. You are invited to download the trial version of Paragon NTFS for Mac and perform your own tests.