Apimac today announced the availability of Clean Text 7 for Mac, the new release of the popular app to reduce text cleanup and processing time. The app has been completely rewritten in Swift, the new fast and powerful Apple’s coding language. Clean Text is a very popular app among Mac users that uses it for reduce text cleanup and processing time when cleanup and editing text from text files, PDF files, documents, emails or other text material. Clean Text quickly performs many essential functions such as removing empty lines, fix line break problems, removing unwanted spaces, converting quotation marks, extract links, convert tabs with spaces and more. The new version of Clean Text for Mac takes advantage of Apple’s Core ML, a new foundational machine learning framework to deeply understand text. The Entities functionality of the app uses machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to instantly identify and select personal names, place names and organization names mentioned in the text.
Among the new features are:
• Document advanced tabbed browsing
• iCloud support to access the same text from any Mac and iOS device (Clean Text for iOS requires a separate purchase)
• Easily create and share automated tasks
• Natural Language Processing implementation to instantly identify and select personal names, place names and organization names mentioned in the text
• Touch Bar support
• Find and Replace with live highlighting of matches
• Regular Expression live search and substitution
• Infinite undoes and redoes functionality
• Sharing with Mail, Messages, Note, Reminder, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
• Recents for searched text
• Trim (remove at the beginning and the end of a text) transformes group
• Replace spaces with returns and returns with spaces
• Replace one return with two returns and vice versa
• Convert angle quotes and Chinese quotes
• Convert from single to double and from double to single quotes
• Remove empty lines, spaces and duplicate words
• Convert HTML to plain text and URL encoding
• Convert emoji and symbols to their description
• Add and remove line numbers
• Extract Links, Email Addresses, Phone numbers and Unique Words
Type on Mac and find the text on iOS
With Clean Text, users can write text on Mac and then find it on any iOS device. Thanks to iCloud, users will find in the device that they just picked up, exactly the text that they have just typed on Mac. The iCloud menu is used to send or receive the updated text via iCloud. Clean Text for iOS requires a separate purchase https://www.apimac.com/ios/cleantext.
While users type in the search box all occurrences within the text will be highlighted to give them a complete picture, then with the Select Next and Select Previous buttons users can gradually select instances to edit or change them. Also Ignore Case, Contains, Starts With and Full Word, act immediately on the highlighted text and will allow users to do the replacements with millimeter accuracy. And with infinite undoes, the chance to try, becomes a tool to do a good job.
Natural Language Processing integration
Clean Text takes advantage of Apple’s Core ML, a new foundational machine learning framework to deeply understand text. The Entities functionality of the app uses machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to instantly identify and select personal names, place names and organization names mentioned in the text.
Automate repetitive tasks
With the new Tasks feature, users can easily create automated tasks that perform a series of processing actions and replacements in the text. Creating tasks is within everyone’s reach, and advanced users, can also include Regular Expressions patterns in their tasks.
Accelerate search and replace work using Regex
When searching and replacing text, advanced users can use Regex (Regular Expressions). Using Regex, in combination of text, they can quickly find tabs, paragraph breaks, page breaks, word starting or ending with a particular character, dates, URLs, email addresses and so on. Users can just go to the Regex pane and choose from the Commonly Used Expressions popup menu the item the want to insert on the Expression box.
Support for the latest macOS technologies
Clean Text supports the latest macOS technologies, such as: iCloud to access the same text from any Mac and iOS device, Touch Bar for quickly enter Emoji, easy share with Mail, Messages, Note, Reminder, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and any other extension to share other apps had installed in the Mac, document advanced tabbed browsing and infinite undoes and redoes functionality. The app is written in Swift, the new fast and powerful Apple’s coding language.
The main text processing features of Clean Text are:
• Smart Clean and Clean and Compact text.
• Clean Clipboard content without the need to paste it in the app.
• Fix spaces and line breaks, join paragraphs and strip quote prefix.
• Trim spaces and empty lines.
• Replace tabs with spaces, spaces with tabs, spaces with returns and returns with spaces.
• Replace one return with two returns and vice versa.
• Convert from three periods to ellipsis and from ellipsis to three periods.
• Convert quotation marks: curved quotes, straight quotes, angle quotes and Chinese quotes.
• Convert from single to double and from double to single quotes.
• Change case to sentence case, title case, uppercase, lovercase and random case.
• Remove empty lines, spaces, returns, duplicate words and duplicate lines.
• Convert HTML to plain text and URL encoding.
• Convert emoji and symbols to their description.
• ROT13 encode (replaces a letter with the letter 13 letters after it in the alphabet).
• Increase and decrease text indent.
• Add and remove line numbers and quote Prefix.
• Sort lines, sort lines in reverse, order words alphabetically and reverse text.
• Convert to upside down and to mirrored pseudo text.
• Extract Links, Email Addresses, Phone numbers and Unique Words.
• Find and Replace with live highlighting of matches.
• Regular Expression live search and substitution.
• Characters, words, spaces and lines count.
• Calculate estimated reading time
• Automatically select personal, place and organization names mentioned in the text.
• macOS 10.12 or later
• 64-bit processor
• Size: 10.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Clean Text for Mac 7 retails at a price of $24.99 USD (or equivalent in different currencies) and is available worldwide through the App Store in Productivity category. A trial version is also available as free download at the software house site.