Bolste the leading all-in-one system that simplifies the lives of business teams launches today, backed with $5 million in funding. The launch comes after a strong beta testing period in which more than 18,000 users joined the platform, including teams from Accenture, Harley Davidson and the Small Business Association.
Bolste is built on the premise that communication, collaboration and productivity apps are too complicated, fragmented and difficult to learn to gain dramatic efficiency benefits for businesses. To make it easy for users, Bolste brings numerous tools together into one system. Within minutes, users can begin working and sharing without needing to download additional integrations or paying for various apps. Bolste is available online and via iOS and Android apps.
Users can trial the free version or upgrade to the Bolste Pro package for $9.99/month for unlimited project channels, unlimited guest users, 7GB of secure storage and user interface branding. Bolste also offers an Enterprise package that features unlimited channels, unlimited secure storage, third party integrations, onboarding and training. Pricing for the Enterprise package is customized.
Bolste is backed by $5 million in funding after closing their Series A round in December 2015. Investors include prominent business leaders Jim Kellner, the former President of Applied Systems which Kellner led to an acquisition exit value of $1.8 billion and Jim Bullock, CEO of Zyga Technology. Advisors include Stanley Laybourne, former CFO at Insight Enterprises Inc. (NSIT), and David Friend, Co-founder of Carbonite.
Key features of Bolste include:
• Activity Feed – Bolste’s user-friendly dashboard acts as a mission control center for each user, giving a quick read on all activity happening since their last login
• Security – The platform leverages the industry’s highest security standards with all services hosted via AES-256 bit encryption
• Live Docs – Documents on Bolste allow users to edit and track collaboratively in real-time
• Bolsters – Bolsters organize work into dedicated channels, where users can easily share files and manage tasks and projects
• Admin statistics – A dashboard for admin users that measures their team’s app usage, most used features, Bolsters created, and latest activities
• Rewards system – A gamified user experience encourages app adoption and engagement to unlock added benefits through usage
• Global search – Allowing users to easily find members, files, tasks, notes and more within Bolste
• API – for custom integrations with enterprise clients’ applications
“Bolste is an all-in-one business operating program that helps users get control of their communications in seconds,” said Leif Hartwig, founder and CEO of Bolste. “Today’s business world has most of us drowning in email. As a result, countless productivity apps have sprung up over the past few years, each tackling different aspects of the workplace productivity issue. But the reality is that none of us really want to, nor have the time to sign up for and learn to use many different workplace apps.”
Hartwig adds: “The few apps that have tried to combine all these into one interface are painfully complicated to install, configure, and learn. In addition, they are very expensive. Users are becoming more discerning and expect productivity and collaboration software to deliver performance right out of the gate. That is exactly the promise we’re excited to deliver on with Bolste.”