dinCloud, a cloud services provider that helps organizations rapidly migrate to the cloud through business provisioning, today announced dinSQL, its hosted SQL Server offering. dinCloud’s database hosting platform allows organizations to host their SQL Server databases in the cloud via a virtual private data center, either as a primary site or as a backup in a business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) scenario. dinSQL supports SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, and the 2005 version, which ceases extended support in April 2016. These editions can be delivered as a hybrid solution for those with a current on premises environment, or migrated to the cloud and setup for BC/DR.
dinSQL helps organizations currently running SQL Server 2014 on-premises achieve high availability via the cloud. A cloud-hosted solution is ideal for organizations looking to modernize their usage of SQL Server database. dinCloud’s High Availability (HA) service includes several SQL Server bundles for SQL 2012, 2014, and upcoming versions.
dinSQL provides database servers and the related infrastructure in a secure, SSAE16 SOC 2 Type II compliant virtual private data center, offering the reliability, performance, and business intelligence that organizations should expect from a modern data center. Benefits include:
• Growing dynamically – Real-time provisioning allows users to easily add on BC/DR or scale resources to accommodate data growth.
• Side-stepping tedious maintenance – Organizations can run SQL Server database and applications in the cloud without the headaches of maintenance, and update tasks to help manage and lower the burden of network administration.
• Increasing resilience – dinSQL HA offers the ability to avoid downtime during critical high traffic and peak sales times. Distributed, dual-active resources protect against server and data center failure.
• Protecting data – dinCloud virtual private data centers offer added security measures including a dedicated firewall and SSL gateway, daily system level backups, two-factor authentication, A/V malware protection, and data encryption.
• Avoiding Business Disruption – For companies requiring SQL Server 2005 migration help (Microsoft support ends in April 2016), dinCloud offers configuration and managed services to help organizations running legacy editions of SQL Server prolong the life of their applications.
• Conserving Cash – dinCloud offers pay per usage, allowing companies to pay only for the databases and resources they require.
“dinCloud offers quality hosting that is responsive to our needs, allows scalability, and is reasonably priced,” said Dwight Payne, software director for Occupational Medical Consulting, LLC. “We are currently hosting Microsoft SQL Server 2014 via dinCloud’s hosted SQL offering – the solution is outstanding, surprisingly fast, and provides us with a high performance cloud infrastructure that meets our daily computing demands.”
“Running an IT environment is getting more complex. Add to that the requirements of a SQL Server database – a cloud based service can adapt to the needs of the client in a smoother and more reliable manner,” said Ali Din, SVP & CMO at dinCloud. “We want to make managing SQL Server easier – whether it is SQL upgrades, BC/DR enablement, migrating databases from an aging SQL platform, or optimizing a database.”
Asked why customers should look at dinCloud to be considered as a hosted SQL Server provider, Ali responded, “dinCloud aims to be the best hosted SQL Server cloud service provider.”
“With this new offering, dinCloud can help customers facilitate the process of adopting a cloud-hosted SQL Server solution, ultimately increasing a company’s scalability, productivity, and savings,” said Naren Narendra, Director, Hosting channel strategy, Microsoft. “As a Microsoft Cloud and Infrastructure partner, dinCloud is now able to fully support customers on hosted SQL 2014.”
For more information about SQL Server hosting with dinSQL, including BC/DR and high availability, and SQL Server, visit: https://www.dincloud.com/hosted-sql-server or https://www.dincloud.com/hosted-sql-server/why.