FTI Consulting, Inc. (NYSE:FCN), the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced the launch of RadianceTM, a new visual analytics software platform that enables organizations to dynamically investigate and understand their enterprise data. Developed by FTI Consulting’s Technology segment, Radiance is now available either as a cloud-based service or as a rapid deployment mobile option.
“Mission-critical information resides across disparate systems, from legacy applications inside the corporate firewall to third-party cloud software, and this data can make or break an investigation or legal matter,” said Eddie O’Brien, Senior Managing Director in the Technology segment at FTI Consulting and primary inventor of Radiance. “Organizations need an easy-to-use, scalable platform that connects with their data and enables users to iteratively investigate and quickly act upon the information. Radiance delivers against this need with speed and visual analytics that help users rapidly identify key custodians, date ranges and document types during early case assessment (“ECA”) or an investigation to determine the social network, communication pattern and information shared by key custodians.”
According to Gartner’s ‘State of E-discovery in 2015 and Beyond’ report (Jie Zhang, Garth Landers, February 13, 2015), the following business trends are impacting how corporations respond to legal and compliance matters:
• “Rapid data growth and risk concerns have propelled many organizations to rethink their current e-discovery practices and technology. This is triggering a new cycle of technology upgrades, with the focus on analytic capabilities.
• Migration to Office 365 has set off evaluation discussions and upgrade projects on e-discovery processes and tools.
• New data sources and increasing concerns about data sovereignty are driving emerging requirements and expanding the consideration of e-discovery scope and technology usage.”
Radiance is designed to assist at the intersection of these three organizational needs. Radiance allows organizations to connect, enrich, analyze and visualize millions of documents from these disparate sources in a single, elegantly designed user interface. With a powerful search engine and a library of advanced visualizations – including social networking, communication patterns, concept clustering and timelines – Radiance can aid organizations in a number of common use cases, including investigations, early data assessment and the identification of high-risk data, such as personally identifiable information (“PII”). Radiance provides a natural complement to FTI Consulting’s Ringtail® legal review software, and is delivered in the cloud through the Ringtail Software as a Service (“SaaS”) environment.
Designed for speed and scalability, Radiance is built on NoSQL technology and powered by a flexible workflow to:
• Connect: Link with, quickly ingest and process data from a wide variety of sources, including legacy file systems, Office 365, Google Docs, local file systems and social media sites.
• Enrich: Extract concepts and specific types of data, such as credit card numbers or other PII, de-duplicate redundant data and classify documents by languages and concepts for deeper analysis.
• Analyze: Search, browse and explore data and concepts with powerful analytics using metadata, including date, custodian, language, social network and communication patterns.
• Visualize: Cut through the data to hone in on important concepts, timelines, relationships, social networks and other variables with interactive and dynamic visualizations.
“Starting with tens of millions of documents, a Radiance user can zero in on a specific data range, an online interaction among a social network, all materials in a specific language and dozens of other metadata variables – all within seconds,” said JR Jenkins, Senior Director in the Technology segment at FTI Consulting. “This scale gives organizations an incredible amount of control and insight into its data, even as the volume and variety of data grows.”
Development of the Radiance software platform is the latest example of FTI Technology’s innovation within the legal industry. FTI Technology has received numerous honors from the legal and IT industries for software innovation, including selection by The National Law Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, The Recorder and KMWorld, as leaders within e-discovery software and services. FTI Technology was also included in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant of Gartner’s ‘Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software’ report (Jie Zhang, Garth Landers, May 18, 2015).
Radiance demonstrations will be available at the Legaltech New York 2016 conference from February 2-4, 2016 in booth 2100. For more information, please visit www.ftitechnology.com.