GlobalOnePay, a leading provider of global omni-channel payment processing technologies and merchant services, announced today that it has published a new white paper, Best Practices for Choosing and Integrating a Mobile Payments Platform, that offers insights into how to successfully navigate today’s dynamic mobile payment landscape.
“Today’s merchants are challenged to give their customers a seamless payment experience whether they shop online or in-store, especially when making mCommerce transactions on personal mobile devices or purchasing with a smartphone at mobile point-of-sale terminals in stores,” said Philip Fayer, president and chief executive officer of GlobalOnePay. “Yet the perception among many merchants is that adopting mobile payments is too complicated and costly. GlobalOnePay dispels that myth by giving merchants some best practices to help them integrate mobile payments more easily and cost-effectively.”
Best Practices for Choosing and Integrating a Mobile Payments Platform is targeted at both eCommerce merchants and software application developers who want to integrate mobile payments into a payment platform. Highlights of GlobalOnePay’s new mobile white paper include:
• Why it’s important to understand the advantages of each type of mobile payments – mobile commerce (mCommerce), in-app payments, and mobile point of sale (mPOS) – and how they are processed
• Why mobile should not stand alone as a payment processing option, but rather be an integrated component of an omni-channel payment platform
• What to look for in a payment processing vendor to ensure easy integration of a mobile platform
• Why support for global multi-currency processing is a “must” for mCommerce
• How a vendor-provided developer’s toolkit can streamline and escalate mobile payment integration
“Accepting mobile payments is a capability that merchants must adopt now, or else lose sales to more mobile-savvy competition in the future,” said Fayer. “The good news is that it is not difficult for merchants to take proactive steps today to starting building a consistent omni-channel payment experience for their customers.”
A complimentary copy of GlobalOnePay’s executive white paper, Best Practices for Choosing and Integrating a Mobile Payments Platform is available to download at: www.GlobalOnePay.com/resources.