Next generation data security challenges require next generation solutions. Informatica, the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, today ushered in modern data security intelligence with the addition of powerful and innovative data-focused user behavioral analytics to detect higher sensitive data risk and protect by orchestration of remediation capabilities to its award-winning data security offering, Informatica Secure@Source.
Seemingly every day, a new onslaught of fresh challenges to data security arise. This is, in part, because of the increasing proliferation of sensitive data in cloud and mobile environments, data lakes and other big data repositories. According to Gartner, “data security governance and the orchestration of data security policies across disparate data silos and platforms will be critical challenges for organizations during the next decade.” The latest version of Secure@Source, dubbed “Detect and Protect,” brings next generation data security intelligence to bear on these cascading challenges by providing:
• Automated and integrated sensitive data discovery, proliferation analysis, detection of anomalous user activities, multi-factor data risk analytics, and automated orchestration of remediation in a single platform.
• Broad coverage across cloud, Hadoop and legacy environments.
• Unique capabilities supporting diverse and complex data classifications, proliferation and risk analytics, user access and activity correlation, user behavior analytics (UBA) and orchestration support for a full range of data protection technologies.
Secure@Source helps businesses achieve several successful outcomes, including:
• Reduced risk of data breaches and misuse through more proactive and intelligent sensitive data risk monitoring, investment prioritization and protection,
• Increased support for data privacy compliance mandates such as GDPR, HIPAA and FINRA, and
• Low total cost of ownership due to a comprehensive single platform.
Intelligent Detection and Protection
Secure@Source provides the strongest set of detection and protection capabilities presently available to power the entire data security cycle. Secure@Source customers gain the ability to:
• Know where sensitive data resides – Global visibility, classification, discovery and reporting of an enterprise’s sensitive data and where it is proliferating.
• Recognize what is at risk – Continuous multi-factor risk scoring based on data sensitivity, protection status, risk cost and more, leveraging Informatica’s innovative interactive risk analytics technologies.
• Understand who is using the data – Visibility into users with access to sensitive data, with usage monitoring and highly accurate anomalous behavior detection.
• Orchestrate effective remediation actions – Risk-based remediation recommendations and orchestration of data security measures including dynamic or persistent data masking, encryption, blocking and other solutions from Informatica and third-party providers.