Insight Enterprises, an Intelligent Technology Solutions provider (“Insight” or “the Company”), announced that it has completed the acquisition of Datalink Corporation, a leading provider of IT services and enterprise data center solutions based in Eden Prairie, Minn.
The business combination strengthens Insight’s position as a leading IT solutions provider with global scale and deep technical talent delivering data center solutions to clients on premise or in the cloud.
· Increases addressable market opportunity in hybrid cloud and other high-growth data center categories
· Enhances go-to-market engagement with a solutions-led approach
· Drives scale and growth by adding complementary capabilities, partner relationships and clients in key U.S. markets
· Leverages Company’s best-in-class digital marketing engine to bring scalable solutions to the mid-market
· Benefits from consistency of culture, values and vision across the organizations
· Achieves higher gross margins with increased services sales and higher growth, higher margin product categories
“We are pleased to announce the closing of this strategic acquisition. Insight has a clear strategy, global scale and a proven focus on operational excellence. Datalink adds deep technical talent and complementary services offerings around high growth technology areas. We are excited about the potential of this attractive combination,” said Ken Lamneck, CEO of Insight. “Together, we are well positioned to compete, grow, and win with comprehensive data center solutions in the marketplace.”
The Company expects the Datalink business to contribute between $600 – $620 million in net sales and to be accretive to Adjusted EPS in 2017, including approximately $12 million of expected amortization expense on acquired intangibles. This outlook excludes approximately $8 million in transaction-related expenses. In addition, the Company expects to realize run-rate cost savings of approximately $20 million within 2 years of closing.