Liferay, Inc., maker of the enterprise, open source Liferay Portal, today announced a collaboration with Red Hat to deliver to enterprises an integrated, comprehensive and open source portal solution that brings together the performance and agility of Liferay Portal and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP). This collaboration includes joint go-to-market initiatives and sales efforts around Liferay and Red Hat JBoss Middleware. The collaboration aims to offer customers the advantages of an open source stack backed by leading portal and application server technologies proven to be able to scale to meet varying needs within the enterprise.
The companies plan to collaborate across engineering, sales, and marketing groups. This means customers can expect to see tangible benefits from the collaboration, including:
- Coordinated sales team to facilitate the purchasing process.
- Reliability of a certified Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition and JBoss EAP stack, backed by a Liferay Enterprise Subscription and a Red Hat subscription.
- Advantages of an open source stack, including transparency, cost and compatibility.
- Technical benefits from value-adding performance and scalability features to the Liferay Portal + JBoss EAP combination, including modular architecture, smart load balancing technology, centralized configuration management, and a cloud-ready platform.
- Potential to expand integration with other Red Hat JBoss Middleware products in the near future.
The collaboration builds on proven real-world deployments where customers have already benefited from a combined Liferay/Red Hat solution. Toyota chose the solution to power its Toyota Owners site, which features customized services and essential tools for customers. Digital Insight is another customer leveraging the combination to provide online banking solutions for clients. According to Brett Conoly, product manager, Admin Platform at Digital Insight: “Our deployment infrastructure is centered around Red Hat’s operating system and JBoss EAP helping us deliver high performance applications across many different environments. Combined with Liferay’s flexibility, powerful CMS, and ease of onboarding, we are able to deliver impressive solutions quickly to our customers.”
“Liferay Portal is a natural fit with our middleware portfolio, and we are pleased to work with their team,” said Mike Piech, vice president, Middleware, Red Hat. “Both companies have a strong commitment to open source and approach the market in similar ways.”
“This Liferay and Red Hat collaboration addresses a market need for enterprise-grade, open source options when it comes to choosing a comprehensive and scalable portal solution,” said Brian Kim, chief operating officer at Liferay. “A company can have many solutions that address different business problems. But they want to standardize their enterprise architecture and have confidence that all their applications can perform and scale on a reliable, standardized platform. This collaboration helps us to deliver this to our customers.”