Ruxit, a division of Digital Performance software company Dynatrace, today announced findings from a new survey titled: The State of Containers and the Docker Ecosystem 2015. The report identifies key issues facing organizations using containers, including in-production application performance monitoring to achieve even more successful container deployments. Download the complete survey report and infographic here.
The report, conducted by O’Reilly Media in collaboration with Ruxit, provides insights into adoption, use, and challenges of container technologies like Docker. Survey participants represent 138 companies across a wide range of industries, including software, consulting, publishing and media, education, cloud services, hardware, retail, government and others.
Tweet this: Success with #containers lies in #APM monitoring! New @Ruxit Report http://ow.ly/TBrww
Since Docker launched in 2013, more than 800 million containers have been pulled from the public Docker Hub and this technology continues to capture the attention of developers and operators alike. While container use is skyrocketing there are barriers to success that need to be addressed.
Findings of the survey include:
• More than 93% of respondents are already using or plan to use containers for development, testing, or production.
• The vast majority (78%) are opting for Docker.
• Fast and easy deployment is the most important reason for using Docker (85%).
• Within the next 6-12 months, over half (53%) of all respondents plan to adopt containers in production.
• Nearly half (46%) see performance monitoring as a key challenge in the production environment.
• Reliable and production-ready solutions are required for orchestration (56%), performance monitoring (46%) and automation (40%) because containerized environments are extraordinarily dynamic, making them uniquely challenging to monitor and manage in terms of performance.