Nlyte Software, the leading data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software company, today announced the release of Nlyte Discovery. The new full-solution application set automatically collects and provides detailed information about all devices connected to an organization’s network. Nlyte Discovery includes the tools and technology necessary to visualize and manage the results of discovered hardware, configuration, services/processes and applications/software information.
Nlyte Discovery improves the operational efficiency of organizations by providing more accurate and timely information about all the assets within their computing infrastructure. IT personnel using the discovered information can identify zombie servers and/or “unknown” assets operating on the network as well as capture critical information about firmware patches and software, to help identify potential cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
“Nlyte Discovery is a comprehensive solution that scans across all major protocols and operating systems, including Linux and Microsoft, to provide a single application, holistic view of all data center and colocation infrastructure assets,” said Doug Sabella, CEO and President, Nlyte. “This not only helps personnel to perform their jobs more easily, but alerts them of security issues in their hardware, firmware and software patches so they can quickly mitigate the risks of these vulnerabilities – which as seen in recent news coverage, can be detrimental and brand-damaging to organizations when hacked.”
New Nlyte Discovery provides:
• Comprehensive scanning across major protocols and operations systems
• Built in robust reporting and data normalization capabilities across varying file structures
• Automated discovery and reporting of all networked assets (hardware, software, configuration, networking devices)
• Integration with Nlyte Suite of DCIM Solutions, bolstering the “system of record” for automated data center asset normalization
• Reconciliation with connected Infrastructure – CMDB, Asset Management, Service Desk
• Asset reconciliation of current vs. historical information
Nlyte Discovery is available immediately and can be purchased as a standalone solution or as part of Nlyte’s leading DCIM solution. Organizations have the option of launching the Discovery capabilities and later adding Nlyte’s full set of DCIM solutions. Current Nlyte customers can augment existing deployment to provide these new Discovery capabilities to ensure information within the Nlyte solution matches with current network operations.