Nuance Communications, Inc. today announced Dragon Legal Group – enterprise-ready speech recognition software for legal professionals. Built with a specialized legal vocabulary, Dragon Legal Group enables fast, efficient and accurate dictation of legal documentation, robust transcription and powerful customization features that can be easily shared and deployed across a practice or legal department.
Dragon Legal Group, coupled with the Nuance User Management Center, simplifies how speech recognition can be deployed and managed across groups of users for significant time and cost savings. For instance, a single administrator can centrally oversee deployments of Dragon to multiple employees, including assigning Dragon licenses, monitoring usage, managing settings or updates, and sharing custom terminology.
Dragon Legal Group – part of Nuance’s suite of Dragon professional products, including the new Dragon Professional Group – includes a number of features that help legal professionals reduce time spent on administrative tasks and documentation, minimize or eliminate reliance on costly transcription services, and improve productivity, including:
• Fast and accurate dictation, made more accurate by a built-in legal vocabulary trained using more than 400 million words from legal documents.
• Improved transcription capabilities for tasks like transcribing recorded notes, which can reduce transcription time and costs or eliminate transcription services completely.
• Customization capabilities that further improve accuracy of dictation and transcription and speed up repetitive tasks, including adding and sharing additional custom words and auto-texts (a frequently-used text passage such as a client or work order description).
• Support for Citrix virtualized environments.
• An improved “What can I say?” feature, which provides helpful context-sensitive suggestions for words and commands to use as a person is dictating.
• The ability to import and export custom words and auto-texts to and from the Dragon Anywhere mobile dictation service so that legal professionals can maintain consistent workflows and remain productive when working outside of an office.
“Dragon is already a proven solution for many legal professionals who rely on the written word for their livelihood,” said Peter Mahoney, senior vice president and general manager of Dragon. “With Dragon Legal Group, it is simple for law firms and legal departments to extend the benefits of Dragon, including fast and accurate dictation and transcription, the ability to share custom legal terminology, and integration with existing workflows, to employees to ultimately increase time spent with clients and on billable work.”
Dragon Legal Group is now available in US English for PC users.
Join the conversation by liking Nuance on Facebook, following Nuance on Twitter at @DragonTweets and @NuanceInc, and subscribing to the What’s next blog.