ObserveIT, the world’s leading provider of insider threat management software with over 1,400 customers around the world, today announced the general availability of ObserveIT 6.7. ObserveIT’s new features and capabilities are unmatched in the industry, and make it easier than ever before for IT and information security teams to protect their organizations from insider threats.
For a free trial of ObserveIT with its latest innovations, visit here. To register for a free educational webinar on ObserveIT 6.7 visit the appropriate link:
• Americas – November 29, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. EST, register here
• Asia – November 30, 2016 at 7:00 a.m. GMT, register here
• Europe – November 30, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. GMT, register here
“Not only does ObserveIT provide us with a very effective and powerful user monitoring solution, the company is constantly innovating to deliver advanced capabilities that enable us to stay ahead of cyber thieves,” said Samuel Kato, IT Security Manager at Millicom. “Upgrading to ObserveIT 6.7 brings us new features that make it even easier to identify the people – vendors, privileged users and high-risk users – who pose the biggest insider threat.”
“Insider threats are the single largest risk facing companies today. Any company that feels it is immune to this risk simply needs to read the headline-grabbing news about the latest breaches at the NSA, arguably one of the most secure organizations on the planet,” said Mike McKee, CEO of ObserveIT.
Whether it’s intentional or unintentional, every insider on the network, from business users and privileged users to 3rd party vendors and contractors, presents a threat. ObserveIT identifies and eliminates these insider threats with real-time security awareness, deterrence and precise visibility into all user actions with its industry-leading video playback capabilities. This insight not only reduces security incidents, it also speeds investigations from months to minutes and helps organizations comply with PCI, SOX, HIPAA, NISPOM, GDPR and other compliance requirements.
“In today’s digital world, we know that staying ahead of cyber thieves and ensuring employees and vendors don’t maliciously or inadvertently violate security policies is a job that can only be future-proofed by continuously innovating,” explained McKee. “I’m proud to say that ObserveIT 6.7 not only reflects that commitment – it is the most powerful and easy to use insider threat solution on the market today.”
New Features and Capabilities Available in ObserveIT 6.7 include:
• Protecting Your Data: Enhanced Insider Threat Library with 180 tuned, categorized and pre-assigned rules that quickly detect security policy violations and decrease risk within hours of deploying the software. ObserveIT’s built-in threat categories are the most extensive in the industry, delivering real-time notification of threats and empowering organizations to stop security breaches.
• Automated Website Categorization: Over 28 billion web pages continuously and dynamically updated without human intervention means your ObserveIT Insider Threat platform is always up to date. ObserveIT proactively alerts organizations when users visit out-of-policy website categories to provide immediate visibility into risky online user behavior and detection of phishing/infections.
• Detect Sensitive Data Exfiltration through Print: Rule-based monitoring of prints job sent to local or networked printers, enabling organizations to detect an all-to-common method of sensitive data exfiltration.
• Guarantee Employee Privacy without Losing Visibility: ObserveIT 6.7 enables organizations to anonymize user names, login accounts and computers for enhanced user privacy and EU regulation compliance.
• Complex Alert Management Made Simple: Security teams can now utilize lists to easily create and manage complex alerts for easier monitoring and system management. Capabilities include importing lists of users, rapid creation and management of lists of users and groups to be used in alert rules, and the ability to exclude lists when appropriate.
• New Trend Graph for User Risk Behavior: ObserveIT tracks user risk and behavior trends over time for faster and easier detection of insider threats. This enables teams to prioritize threats and mitigate both malicious and inadvertent actions more effectively.
• New Mac Agent: ObserveIT 6.7 introduces full video and metadata recording on Mac desktops, laptops and servers to gain complete visibility into all user behavior across the organization.
• Broadest Operating System Support: ObserveIT is now the leader in Insider Threat OS coverage, including Windows, MacOS and 17 flavors of Unix and Linux.
ObserveIT 6.7 is available today and upgrades from previous versions are free for all existing customers as part of their maintenance agreements.