Druva, Inc., the leader in cloud data protection and management, today announced the results of a new commissioned survey conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Druva that shows enterprises are turning to the cloud to simply and efficiently protect their data. Explosive data growth, data stored in multiple locations, ransomware attacks and the growth of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce are driving this shift to the cloud. The study is based on a survey of 150 U.S. and Canadian IT decision-makers and executives responsible for protecting and managing their data.
Key findings from the study include:
• Current data backup and recovery practices flirt with data loss. Valuable data can easily be lost through complex and disconnected systems and inadequate backup and recovery practices. Over 75% of organizations surveyed have experienced a loss of mission- or business-critical data recently.
• Organizations use cloud backup to relieve infrastructure headaches. As SaaS applications and other cloud services place more data off-premises, cloud-based data backup is the only storage solution that can scale across this hybrid landscape to protect this data and reduce costs. Approximately one in five organizations turn to cloud-based backup to reduce their storage footprint.
• Data Protection-as-a-Service helps organizations to meet security, recovery, and compliance needs. Data protection increasingly relies on cloud-based systems, and a majority of survey respondents report they are likely to adopt a unified cloud solution that integrates data backup, recovery, and protection due to improved data security.
Why Organizations are Turning to the Cloud
To better protect business-critical data, mitigate data challenges, and meet the needs of an ever-changing infrastructure, companies are turning to the cloud to:
• Protect the growing number of SaaS applications (40%)
• Improve security of protected data (39%)
• Offer greater capacity and scalability (37%).
For these and other reasons, 91% of respondents are using or would be likely to adopt a cloud-native data protection solution.
“Organizations are moving to the cloud to protect the ever-increasing mountains of data stored in multiple locations,” said Jaspreet Singh, CEO, Druva. “The fact that 50 percent of enterprises and mid-sized companies have lost mission or business-critical data due to ransomware, or to manual backup processes, should give IT administrators and decision-makers pause. It’s a dangerous world for data and enterprises can no longer ignore the risks and complexity that their companies face every day.”
Companies are invited to attend a webcast about the survey results on May 3, 2018, at 11:00 am Pacific Time. To register, please visit this link: https://go.druva.com/Druva-Hosted-Forrester-RegistrationLP.html