Sitecore, the global leader in experience management software, today announced the full availability of Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) 8.1, the next generation of its flagship product. Sitecore XP 8.1 enables marketers to turn every customer interaction into an extraordinary experience by offering customers relevant content in the appropriate context at the right time.
According to the Gartner Group, ʻEighty-nine per cent of companies will compete almost entirely or entirely on the customer experience.ʼ* To remain competitive and provide truly personalised experiences, businesses must understand the context surrounding every customer at every interaction and then, in turn, deliver the exact piece of content or offer at precisely the right moment.
With powerful contextual intelligence, Sitecore XP 8.1 helps businesses analyse key customer attributes, like location and device, in real time, and to integrate that with purchase history, demographic data, behavioural trends and activity across touchpoints. In one central platform, Sitecore XP 8.1 provides organisations with an easily understood 360-degree view of every customer, allowing brands to build deeper and longer-term relationships with those customers.
“Marketers need three key elements to deliver relevant, personalised experiences,” says Michael Seifert, CEO, Sitecore.
“First, they must understand their customers–who they are, what they care about and what they’re doing. Second, they need a single content management system that can share contextualised content across channels to customers. And third, they need to deliver communication automation–the ability to map profile and real-time behaviours with on-the-spot decision-making to customise the experience as it happens across touchpoints.”
Key benefits of Sitecore XP 8.1 include:
● Enhanced personalisation: Marketers can now collect and analyse data in real time, based on customer location, device and behaviour, which will help shape personalised customer experiences at scale. This allows marketers to personalise every customer’s experience in real time and automate activities across touchpoints to increase conversion, customer satisfaction and lifetime value.
● Mobile integration: With this new release, Sitecore now has device detection baked in: analytics, device adaptation and personalisation, as well as real-time personalisation based on historical behaviours.
● Powerful context marketing capabilities: With Sitecore 8.1, marketers can offer customers unique, personalised experiences in the right context to ultimately build customers for life.
● Unified IT and marketing: Sitecore’s flexible, easy-to-use platform integrates seamlessly with existing technology, scaling to meet growing business needs and help IT and marketing teams overcome operational complexity.
● One connected platform: Customers have the advantage of one connected platform that delivers a fluid multi-channel experience to strategically engage with customers across their entire journey.
● Commerce and experience are fully connected: Sitecore Commerce is fully integrated with Sitecore XP to facilitate ease of deployment and use. New features include the availability of commerce-specific interactions in the Sitecore Experience Profile; the ability to edit merchandise in bulk; ease of installation and configuration; and the option to deploy in Microsoft Azure.
● Flexible pricing and packaging: Sitecore has introduced a pricing and packaging model that enables customers to adopt the right package most closely aligned to their current or planned digital maturity and their preferred software deployment route.
● Flexible deployment options: Sitecore is extending its hosted service offerings to reduce the complexity and investment barriers that smaller organisations face in deploying and managing infrastructure to run their Sitecore sites.