WorkForce Software®, the leading cloud-based provider of enterprise workforce management solutions, announced today the addition of job and vacation bidding to its EmpCenter® suite. Part of the new EmpCenter 15.2 product release, this new solution accompanies dozens of enhancements to its core time and attendance, staff scheduling and leave management solutions.
In many organizations, bidding is central to fairly assigning work and vacation time, yet time-consuming and complex to manage. With WorkForce Software’s new solution, bid administrators can set up a bidding process for jobs or vacation by following simple prompts and notify eligible employees in seconds. Employees can then browse the available options for both work shifts and vacation periods and make selections with ease, facilitating a more transparent, efficient and convenient process.
Bidding shares the same codebase as the rest of the EmpCenter suite, presenting users with a unified experience and data set. Yet, its independent design allows employers to use bidding alongside other time and scheduling products, in addition to WorkForce Software’s suite.
EmpCenter 15.2 also introduces enhancements to virtually every other component of the EmpCenter suite. Key features include:
• Enhanced tools for schedulers, including the ability to assign open shifts in bulk to an employee while freeing up his/her existing shifts, and to exchange multiple shifts between two employees at once.
• New Key Performance Indicator (KPI) charts that give direct visibility into work hours and costs for specific tasks and activities.
• Expanded self-service features, providing greater end-user controls for information displayed upon login. Managers can toggle between any number of KPIs in seconds for quick assessments of team and budget performance.
• Streamlined mobile navigation that enables workers to jump between clocking, self-service and administration features from any screen with a single tap.
• Improved coverage for remote workers through offline clocking available from any supported mobile device, including labor distribution values and GPS data.
• Advanced authentication rules for employees who punch in at EmpCenter time clocks, allowing multiple methods for workers to login to improve convenience without compromising on security.
• Greater leave case management flexibility, with improved means of keeping managers informed of case statuses and managing case documents.
“Our research shows that self-service access to workforce management information, and the ability to collaborate with peers and managers on key issues like schedule availability and leave/PTO, are key drivers of workforce management software selection and replacement,” said Mollie Lombardi, vice president and principal analyst, Workforce Management at Brandon Hall Group. “By continuing to enhance functionality to support the employee experience and organizational visibility, WorkForce Software is delivering on this critical need.”
“EmpCenter 15.2 continues our tradition of breaking new ground in enterprise workforce management,” said Ron Lev, vice president of Product Strategy for WorkForce Software. “No other solution can handle the same depth and breadth of workforce management requirements that EmpCenter can—from complying with fatigue regulations to automating leave of absence cases—and bidding is yet another example of extending that footprint.”