Guidance Software, the makers of EnCase, the gold standard in forensic security, today announced EnCase Endpoint Security Version 6, a significant redesign of the company’s flagship endpoint detection and response (EDR) product.
“Version 6 is a major update for EnCase Endpoint Security. For this release, we improved the entire user experience for our customers,” said Michael Harris, chief marketing officer at Guidance. “The result is a product with more powerful detection and scoring of threats, ant that is easier to use for both tier-one security analysts and advanced incident responders. EnCase Endpoint Security will reduce the time, complexity, and costs related to threat detection and incident response.”
Version 6 combines a completely redesigned interface and user experience (UI/UX), with enhanced threat detection capabilities, and new incident response workflows. The new release also creates more operational efficiencies to improve integrations and ROI on security investments.
EnCase Endpoint Security Version 6 offers customers a host of improvements, including:
Enhanced Endpoint Detection and Response Capabilities
• EnCase Endpoint Security Version 6 provides conditional detection and embedded threat intelligence with a focus on automation. With this release, customers can more rapidly detect hidden threats before they lead to a breach.
• Integrated threat intelligence adds a deeper layer of context to security alerts, including numeric threat scores that help IR teams prioritize and respond to critical threats.
• Version 6 also simplifies additional incident response control actions – including memory scans, IOC searches, and incident investigations – enabling tier-one and tier-two security analysts the ability to quickly get to the heart of any incident.
Improved User Experience
• Streamlined security workflows meet the needs of both tier-one security analysts and advanced incident responders.
• Version 6 is designed to promote greater operational efficiencies by offering meaningful dashboards, process tree visualizations, customizations, shortcuts, and more.
Increased Operational Efficiencies
• The new EnCase Endpoint Security includes enhanced open APIs that expands the capacity to automate more processes involving third party security tools.
• Integration with various SIEM tools, like Splunk, allow customers to access EnCase Endpoint Security with a single-pane-of-glass user experience.
EnCase Endpoint Security Version 6 is scheduled for general availability at the end of Q2 2017.