Zoomdata, developers of the world’s fastest visual analytics platform for Big Data, today announced a technology collaboration with SAP at SAPPHIRE NOW to integrate Zoomdata’s award-winning solution and its extensive Big Data connectivity with the SAP® Analytics portfolio.
This new technology collaboration will help enterprises to:
• Explore modern data platforms designed for cost-effective and scalable storage and the processing of new data types high in volume, velocity and variety;
• Tackle Big Data workloads in use cases such as Internet of Things (IoT), cyber security, customer 360, ad technology, logistics and more — with speed-of-thought response times;
• Leverage existing investments by analyzing data from a broad set of Big Data sources and modern data lake technologies including Hadoop, NoSQL and search-based stores.
The initial integration will be delivered to customers as an extension to SAP Analytics solutions, including SAP Lumira software. It will also be available for developers to leverage in applications built on top of SAP Cloud Platform.
“Zoomdata and SAP are working together to make it easier for customers to derive insight from Big Data,” said Zoomdata CEO Justin Langseth. “Zoomdata enables interactive data visualization at scale—from hundreds of billions of rows of data to real-time streams in less than a second. By integrating this power with SAP Lumira, customers will be able to bring analysis of Big Data and streaming data into SAP Lumira dashboards from a broad range of big and fast data sources.”
“Our initiative with Zoomdata aims to deliver even greater value to customers and developers working with SAP Analytics solutions,” said Mike Flannagan, senior vice president, SAP Analytics. “We’re continuing to deliver on our promise to bring innovation to life and easily deliver a holistic vision of business intelligence covering many types of data for multiple user personas and use cases.”
Zoomdata’s patented technology will empower users of SAP Lumira and SAP Cloud Platform to:
• Connect to a broad range of big and modern data sources including Hadoop distribution such as Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR; Impala, Drill and SparkSQL query engines; search-based stores such as Elasticsearch and Solr; cloud-based stores such as Google BigQuery and Amazon Redshift; NoSQL and NewSQL stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra and MemSQL; as well as SAP’s own Big Data solutions such as the SAP HANA® platform and SAP Vora™ and SAP Cloud Platform Big Data Services™.
• Leverage Zoomdata sharpening and micro-query technology. This means users can begin to explore Big Data sets immediately without waiting for long queries to complete, with visualizations “sharpening” progressively as the micro queries return.
• Access Zoomdata’s streaming and Data DVR capability to view live and streaming data and also rewind, pause and fast-forward the data stream, helping users identify patterns as they change over time.
• Blend data with Zoomdata Fusion, whereby customers and developers can combine data from multiple sources—making it appear as a single source.
Zoomdata will showcase the solution with SAP Lumira at SAPPHIRE NOW at booth #487A and at session PC50767 entitled “Energize Visualization with Smart Access to Big and Fast Data” on Tuesday, May 16 at 12:00 noon EDT. Flannagan and Langseth will also present “Build Your Own Data Analytics” at session DP47160, Thursday, May 18 at 12:30PM EDT. SAP will showcase the solution with SAP Vora at session DP43923 entitled “Use Big Data Analytics to Minimize Customer Churn” on Wednesday, May 17 at 3:30PM EDT and interactive session DP43937 entitled “Generate Actionable Insight from Big Data to Drive Business Results” on Thursday, May 18 at 4:00PM EDT.