Meet the new generation of power users. Gone are the days when data analysis was handled largely by expert analysts and IT. Today, data analysis and the entire business intelligence (BI) market is being disrupted as data is being put in the hands of all employees and accelerating adoption through self-service data visualization and business discovery solutions. These capabilities are powering a new era of intelligent dashboards usable by any employee. However, as the center of gravity for analytics shifts from IT to lines of business, enterprises face a tough new challenge: how to ensure that every user is empowered with the right data.
Informatica, the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, enables organizations to take full advantage of this disruptive trend– by powering meaningful self-service analytics across data of all types, volumes and complexity, and across cloud and on-premise data sources, while ensuring that the data is complete, clean, relevant, timely and trusted.
According to Gartner, Inc., “By 2018, most business users and analysts in organizations will have access to self-service tools to prepare data for analysis as part of the shift to deploying modern BI platforms.” Part and parcel of this shift is the increasing popularity of cloud analytics. Most data environments that support analytics will continue to be hybrid, with data in the cloud as well as on-premise. Traditional analytics solutions do not fully address this situation as they are designed primarily for on-premise data sources and are often costly to scale. Hence, organizations are increasingly augmenting traditional analytics with cloud analytics designed for data from cloud and on-premises sources, with flexible and economical scaling, and a simplified user experience for all employees.
Informatica Cloud analytics solutions are designed for the breadth of self-service analytics use cases from sales operations dashboards, to heat map visualizations for financial KPIs, to business discovery from marketing data lakes. Informatica Cloud’s extensive data management offerings and capabilities include self-service data integration wizards, data cleansing and preparation tools, along with pre-built mapping templates. These enable business users to quickly build intelligent dashboards that leverage secure and connected data across cloud and on-premise sources. Consequently, instead of spending hours on complex data integrations and preparation issues, Informatica’s ease-of-use and out-of-the box business templates enable any business user to seamlessly become a citizen integrator with self-service data management. This is a key pre-requisite for companies that want to deliver self-service analytics for their employees.
Behind the scenes, Informatica’s Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) solution, which was recently ranked by Gartner as the number one iPaaS Solution Provider worldwide, provides unique push-down optimization, dynamic scaling, and advanced data transformations and mappings for faster data loads into distributed and global data warehouses and data lakes. Additionally, Informatica Cloud equips all employees with powerful self-service analytics by integrating seamlessly with all the major cloud applications and data warehouses and self-service analytics solutions, including Amazon Redshift, Amazon Web Services, NetSuite, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft PowerBI, Salesforce Wave, Tableau, Workday and others.
“Informatica delivers the agility and simplicity that today’s business users demand from modern analytics solutions,” said Jim Davis, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Informatica. “Our pioneering cloud solutions, extensive partnerships with cloud leaders, and industry-leading iPaaS offering place us in the leading position of being able to help businesses harness self-service analytics’ disruptive force and turn it into business advantage.”
Informatica customers are able to empower their ubiquitous new power users through a combination of:
• Self-Service BI – Organizations can enable their employees with leading edge data integration and management capabilities, fueling self-service dashboards across cloud and on-premise data sources on an economical subscription basis.
• Real-time Cloud Application Integration – Analytics solutions can be provisioned with data integrated in real time from virtually any cloud or on-premise application for automating business processes and agile decision making.
• Out-of-the Box Data Integration – Businesses can easily unlock bulk data residing in a vast range of cloud and on-premise applications with hundreds of pre-built Informatica Cloud Connectors supporting bi-directional data exchange, synchronization and replication.
• Self-Service Data Preparation Tools and Wizards – Business users can leverage Informatica’s intuitive self-service data preparation tools, data wizards and pre-built mapping templates to provision personalized intelligent dashboards.
• Built-in Data Security – Advanced data security capabilities help assess data security and quality issues, ahead of time to help users fix them before they become a bigger problem.
• Compliance – The Informatica Platform is a secured foundation for all data management needs including helping organizations with their industry standard compliance requirements, such as HIPAA, SOC 2 and PCI.