Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and solutions that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced key developer-centric updates to RhoMobile, its enterprise and consumer mobile app development platform. Core to the launch of RhoMobile 5.1 is a focus on supporting more industrial and consumer-facing mobile devices, an expanded set of common application programming interfaces (APIs) to expedite multi-platform app development, and instant live updates onto a device or simulator for immediate app testing. Developers accustomed to RhoMobile’s efficiency in coding one time for deployment across different platforms and iterating rapidly during development will enjoy the new level of streamlined APIs and simplicity that RhoMobile 5.1 provides.
- RhoMobile Suite is a set of development tools for creating data-centric, cross-platform, native mobile applications.
- App development functionality is now available for key devices used in industrial, enterprise, and consumer-facing environments, including the TC70 KK GA1, MC18CE, and WAP4.
- New live update and app simulator capabilities enable developers to immediately push code changes to devices for more efficient testing.
- New common API updates are added for inputting and controlling camera, Zebra device, WP8 barcode, event timer, and USB printing functionalities.
- Deprecation of MPA 1.0 with Webkit; the WinCE 5.0 will remain supported by RhoMobile 5.0 SP3.